Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thank you for being a friend

I have this friend. But she's quite more than that. She is someone who has taken the time to get to know ME, the in's and out's of me, the good and the bad of me, the beautiful and ugly of me, the true and fake me, the funny and serious me, the true heart of Me. Through the time and talks and experiences we've had together, we have learned who each other truely are and in doing so, we have come to realize how so very alike our hearts and souls are. We're soul friends. These don't come often, or to everyone. Knowing this I am truely grateful for her in my life.

She has:
*inspired me*encouraged me*educated me*listened to me*been honest with me*made me laugh*made me feel connected*loved me*supported me*sacraficed for me*shared ideas & thoughts with me*comforted me*validated me*given to me*made me feel special & needed*
-I could go on but that'd take a little too long.

One night her and I spent the whole night remembering unforgettable memories we've had together. That night was just a reminder to me of the great and unique friendship her and I share. This past weekend just validated that even more. We made even more memories and continue to grow closer every time we hang out. We both share the love of the same music, photography, D.I. shopping, movies, qwirkyness, style, humor, travel, service, family, values, morals, and ideas. Soon, this friend will be leaving me for a little while for a great adventure in which she will be sharing all of her qualities, talents and love with other people. I will miss her more than is explainable. I can't imagine life without her near by for a while BUT I can't wait for these people to meet my best friend and get to know her as I have because she is incredible! I love you!

NEVER FORGET*Movie moment IN Vegas*Forts*USU B-Ball games*Stacey's mom*D.I.*Our first hangout we realized we were friends*Climbing on school rooftops to watch fireworks*Wedding bouquet refusal*Horchata love*Bell Canyon hikes*Nerds at heart*Dancing with a drunk guy on the streets in Vegas*Missionary friends*Breaking into a hotel to hot tub*"Beaches"*Sleeping over on my couch*Shoveling snow off my car*Oh baby YOU got what I neeeeed*5:00 A.M. talks*Tubbs of ice cream*Romantic dinners*Travel plans*Movies at Sky's*Boy drama*Blog stalking*I may look like a gangsta, doesn't mean I AM a gangsta*Natural awkwardness*ME*

The Golden Girls (how I love my GG's)said it best:
Thank you for being a friend
travel down the road and back again
you're heart is true, you're a friend and a confidant.
and if you threw a party
invited everyone you knew
you would see the biggest gift would be from me
and the card attached would say
THANK..............YOU...............FOR.............BEING............A.........FRIEND!

1 Comments:

Blogger juli camarella said...

so i read this..
am speechless..
i love you in the most indescribable way in addition to finding it funny how both of us can't tell each other that enough :) i find myself feeling bad for those that don't have one of you because i couldn't imagine life without it.
This, I know, is THE nicest things anyone has said about me ever.. and i appreciate it in an indescribable way.
Our memories will never be forgotten and you are right it all grows each and every time we are together.. Go us is all i have to say haha oh and i may act like a gangsta but that doesn't mean i am one.. :)

February 28, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home