Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My word is...


"Every city has a single word that defines it, that identifies most people who live there....Whatever that majority thought might be-that is the word of the city. And if your personal word does not match the word of the city, then you don't really belong there."I just got done reading the book called Eat Pray Love. Quite frankly changed my life. I learned so much from it and refer to it like scriptures. Just like every city has their word, so does each person. In the book she is a woman in search of her word. Me too. I'm currently on the search for my word. I want to find my word but I don't think that my word is ONE word. I'll keep searching. Lately, I've been frustrated with the way I see life going. I feel like life is a big ferris wheel. Everyone is lined up to get on the same ride, going in one big circle. Graduating high school. Going to college. Getting married. Aren't there more options than this? I'm not interested in any of those at this point in my life, and everyone else seems to be. Or maybe it's just that they feel those ARE the only options. I want to travel. I want to experience life differently. I want to see how others see the world and live that with them. I want to experience something that puts me completely outside my comfort zone and element. I want it to brake me down and expose that word inside me. I want to experience all that I can as much as I can while I can. That way, all those experiences and challenges and uncomfortable situations can morph me into the human I want to be. Not what others want me to be. And maybe then, I'll find my word.

2 Comments:

Blogger kylee said...

cato! i love that you have a blog! you have officially convinced me to read that book. sounds amazing.

September 6, 2010 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Cato said...

Ha ha since I write so much in it huh? But seriously it will change your life. You'll love it Ky!

September 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home